If there’s one thing we’ve discovered over the years, it’s that packing and moving boxes is a lot more demanding than you may think. And there are a few important things you need to know when moving.
Hi, I’m Shaun Toms, Managing Director of Bambisana Office Furniture Movers and Installers, and today I am going to show you how to move – easy and efficiently.
Here are the TOP 10 Tips to keep in mind:
1. DON’T WRITE ON THE BOX.
Please do not write on any of our boxes. Not only does this cause a logistical nightmare, but it
damages our packaging materials as well.
2. BAMBISANA’S LABELLING SYSTEM
• Always use a black marker when writing on your label.
• Remember to fill in your office destination number.
• Stick the label on the side of the box, so that when the boxes are stacked on top of each other, they are still clearly visible.
• If your label is peeling off, don’t worry! Simply apply clear box tape over it.
• If you need more labels, please ask us – don’t use your own, because our labels don’t damage our boxes when being removed.
3. LESS IS MORE!
Don’t list all the contents of the box on the label – especially valuables.
If you worry that you will forget what is in the box, and want to list the contents inside the box,
rather write it on a piece of paper and place it inside the box, on top of the contents.
4. OFFICE FURNITURE
By correctly labeling each of your furniture items, our team can move it to its new (and correct) destination. Make sure to unpack your desk drawers, credenzas and cabinets. Please leave all of them unlocked, with the keys hanging in the locks. Please do not leave them inside the drawers or anywhere else.
5. OFFICE CHAIRS
Unless you want to receive the squeaky chair from the office next door, you definitely should
label your office furniture as well. Office chairs should also be labelled with the labels provided by your champion and tied securely around the armrest.
6. GET PACKING
Our boxes are manufactured specifically for office moves and are more than likely stronger than the ones you used to move your mother-in-law’s house. So don’t be scared to pack our boxes to their max capacity. They will not break… However, please don’t fill them past capacity. If they cannot close, they can’t be stacked and won’t be moved.
7. OUR TEAM CANNOT MOVED UNLABELLED BOXES
Unmarked and unlabelled boxes will not be moved by our team. If there are any boxes that go missing or are not moved as a result of being unlabelled, we will not be held responsible.
8. YOUR ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
Rest assured – we have various procedures in place to safely move your IT Equipment, telephones and electronic equipment.
Here are a few things you need to do:
• Make sure all equipment is shut down and unplugged before leaving.
• Use the clear plastic bag we’ve provided for all your cabling, your keyboard, mouse, mousepad and any other related smalls.
• And finally, please make sure the plastic bag is correctly labelled.
9. YOUR LAPTOP
As much as we move all your electronic equipment from telephones and printers to IT servers, we don’t move laptops and accessories, such as portable hard-drives, etc. Please take your laptop home with you before the move, as our Team are not permitted to move any laptops which may be laying around.
10. PERSONAL BELONGINGS
Please take all your personal belongings and fragile items home with you, which you can take to your new space after the move is complete.
Well, there you have it!
That’s all from me – we cannot wait to move you, and to welcome you back to your fully-installed
new office space.